Website Updated 09/20/2018
Come Work For Preferred Properties!
LOW INCOME HOUSING TAX CREDIT (LIHTC) COMPLIANCE MANAGER
The Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of LIHTC compliance for the Preferred Properties, Inc. real estate portfolio. This position reports to the Executive Director and her designee.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1. Evaluate agency requirements and implement compliance procedures for all properties
2. Review applications and determine eligibility for the affordable housing program.
3. Manage resident re-certifications, rent increases, and utility allowance changes.
4. Field incoming inquiries with questions directly related to income and asset eligibility, legal rents, and property-specific compliance requirements.
5. Review resident files and implement standardization of pending and recertification files.
6. Consistent monitoring to ensure regulatory requirements specific to the LIHTC program.
7. Complete annual/quarterly/monthly compliance reports as required.
8. Prepare for and attend affordable and LIHTC audits performed by state and regulatory agencies. Maintain a written and electronic log of files audited and pending audits.
9. Perform file audits and identify errors and/or missing documentation.
10. Review new applications for completeness prior to submission.
11. Maintain an effective system for reporting and monitoring compliance for all properties.
12. Ensure that all properties meet compliance requirements for LIHTC and all HUD Section housing programs.
13. Maintain maximum income limits, rent limits, and utility allowances and coordinate annual rent adjustments within the portfolio.
14. Provide and/or coordinate training for property management and program staff.
15. Build and maintain relationships with funding agencies
16. Assist with the collection of rent at facilities.
17. Perform daily property inspections.
18. Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
a. Strong knowledge of LIHTC regulations and project-based Section 8/Tax Credit residential properties
b. Well-developed administrative skills. Strong management skills-principles and people. Experienced working with multiple types of service programs.
c. Exhibit good judgment, practical day-to-day experience working with a diverse group of people.
d. Extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
e. Strong written and verbal skills and team-oriented.
f. Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and integrity.
g. Ability to work well independently and ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast paced environment.
h. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT(S):
*Tax Credit Compliance - At least 3 years compliance experience in project-based Section 8/Tax Credit residential properties.
*Strong knowledge of LIHTC regulations.
*Low Income Housing Tax Credit Compliance Certification
*Mixed Finance ~ Managing Compliance in LIHTC
*Blended Occupancy Management Specialist Certification
*Asset & Project Based Management Certification
*HUD Real Estate Assessment Center (REAC) Certificate
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS & INSTRUCTIONS:
**Please send COVER LETTER, RESUME and 3 REFERENCES to: email@example.com, with "Resume Submission" in the Subject Line by 10/02/2018.
**Resumes submitted without cover letter and/or references will not be considered.
Preferred Properties is pleased to announce that Cheryl Wilson has been selected as Executive Director!
Cheryl Wilson brings over 22 years of housing development and management experience to Preferred Properties.
Most recently, Cheryl served as the Director of Community Engagement and Client Support for the Neighborhood Health Association (NHA), a federally qualified health center. Cheryl’s position provided an advocating nexus between health care and affordable housing for low to middle income families in Northwest Ohio.
Neighborhood Health is primarily responsible for providing healthcare and sanitary lifestyles to the underserved individuals in the community through its programs and services.
Prior to NHA, Mrs. Wilson served in the industry of affordable housing programs, commercial and private real estate with the Department of Housing and Urban Development through the Lucas Metropolitan Housing Authority (LMHA). Cheryl was a part of the Leadership Management team that guided a housing portfolio of 3,701 Public Housing units; 4,366 Housing Choice Vouchers; 132 Low-Income Housing Tax Credit units; 198 Market Rate units; and, 53 Rent-to-Own properties.
During Cheryl’s tenure with LMHA, she served as a Regional Asset Manager, an Occupancy and Leasing Manager for Multi-Family, Affordable and Conventional Housing and as the Area Manager of Privatized and Tax Credit Communities owned by the Housing Authority. Cheryl also served for many years as the Hearing Officer for the Public Housing division at LMHA. In addition, Cheryl has provided training and workshops on Effective Community Outreach, Financial Stability for the Low Income Population and Public Housing Programs in the areas of Admission and Occupancy. Cheryl is certified in numerous programs that service the low and middle income communities.
Cheryl guided a unique program with LMHA and various state, county and financial entities that provided low-income citizens the opportunity to improve their financial portfolio. The outcome resulted in the purchase of newly renovated homes purchased from the Lucas County Land Bank. This experience helped to foster neighborhood stabilization and elevate the lifestyle of the new home owner. The project was a new experience for LMHA and as a result, it helped to guide residents to their dream of homeownership.
Cheryl is extremely thankful for the professional expertise and guidance received from her Mentor, Retired Executive Director, Linnie B. Willis. The positive impact of Linnie’s investment on her career is immeasurable.
Cheryl is married to Walden Wilson and they have one daughter who is a proud “Arrow” at St. Ursula Academy and a cheerleader for St. Francis de Sales High School.
Preferred Properties is proud to announce their venture with the Miller Valentine Group to develop a new, affordable housing community in Whitehouse, Ohio (Lucas County)!
Dubbed as Whitehouse Square Townhomes, the 55 unit development will offer a mix of one-, two-, three-, and four-bedroom homes! Each unit will feature fully equipped kitchens, energy efficient appliances and heating systems, washer and dryer connections, and central air.
Community features to Whitehouse Square Townhomes include:
For more information, "Like" Whitehouse Square Townhomes on Facebook!
Preferred Properties is proud to announce that our newest housing project, Bridge Point Senior Village, received the National Green Building Standard Certification!
To achieve this standard, a building must be of sustainable design that ensures every aspect of the building works as a whole to produce the best possible product, and achieve the best possible energy and cost savings..
Bridge Point Senior Village was built using non-formaldehyde lumber products, energy efficient lighting, energy efficient appliances, interior fixtures that minimize water consumption, water conserving design landscaping, and many other "green" attributes!
We are pleased to achieve this standard of living!