Website Updated 07/02/2018
In observance of the 4th of July holiday,
the offices of Preferred Properties will be closed on
Wednesday, July 4th.
The offices will re-open on Thursday, July 5th.
Have a wonderful and safe holiday!
PART TIME POSITION AVAILABLE
Part-Time Service Coordinator
Position Summary: The position will provide supportive service coordination to residents of properties located in Toledo, Sylvania, Whitehouse and Wauseon, Ohio (with the potential for additional properties at a later date), for the purpose of connecting residents to supportive services and programs available within their community. The coordinator will serve as a liaison between residents and service programs. This position is part-time (20 hours/week) at an hourly wage.
General Qualifications: The ideal candidate must have as Associate’s Degree or at least 2 years of advanced education in Human Services, Social Work, or related field OR 2 years of related work experience (which can be substituted for educational requirements); In addition to education and work experience, the candidate must have experience in working with seniors (ages 55+) as well as persons with special needs and be familiar with various social service programs and service agencies offered throughout the Greater Toledo region. The candidate must have strong organizational and written/verbal communication skills. Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook are a plust. Most importantly, the candidate must have access to reliable transportation, proof of insurance, and a clean driving record in order to travel to multiple properties.
- Advise and assist residents in identifying community resources that can be used to achieve greater self-sufficiency and improve quality of life.
- Act as a liaison and advocate between residents and community resources.
- Develop relationships with community service organizations and government agencies in order to create a network for residents to access needed services. Make referrals and help residents contact services.
- Work to foster a sense of community among all residents. Continuously serve as a resource for the Association and liaison between the residents and property managers/owners.
- Coordinate special programming for residents to improve their knowledge of health, wellness, financial literacy and other topics. This includes contacting and marketing guest speakers for presentations as well as planning various resident events throughout the apartment communities.
- Maintain confidentiality with respect to all residents.
- Create mechanisms that would monitor and evaluate service delivery and resident’s satisfaction with service coordination, and adjust coordination plans to ensure resident‘s needs are being met.
- Establish regular hours for on-site visits to each property, and be available to interact with and assist residents.
Email cover letter, resume and three (3) professional references with the subject “Service Coordinator Position” to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, July 10, 2018
Preferred Properties Participates in The Ability Center's "Next Steps" Program
Meet Elijah, our summer intern, who came to us via The Ability Center’s “Next Steps” program. The Next Steps program is designed to prepare students with disabilities for college and post-secondary training. Students enter the program ready to increase their independence and foster leadership abilities. In partnership with the Toledo Rotary’s Disability Service Committee, students thrive in skilled job opportunities with local companies.
Elijah attended several events held by The Ability Center over the last several years. While attending an event, a staff member from The Ability Center approached him to see if he had an interest in the program.
What does Elijah loves the most about the Next Steps program? Living away from home! One critical component of the Next Steps program requires the participants to live in dorms on the University of Toledo’s campus. Elijah enjoys living in the dorms, as it gives him the feeling of independence. He is learning life skills such as: meal preparation and laundrHe hopes to take these skills and apply them to an independent and stable life.
Some other fun facts about Elijah:
- He served as a volunteer Medical Records Technician at St. Vincent’s Hospital
- His proudest accomplishment is "surviving" his first year of college
- Elijah is a Criminal Justice major and wants to become a Criminal Scene Investigator (CSI)
Of his time here at Preferred Properties, Elijah has enjoyed researching inspirational stories to post on our social media accounts. It has been a pleasure to meet and work with Elijah and his job coach, Hank, and to participate in our second summer with the Next Steps Program.
Preferred Properties is proud to announce their venture with the Miller Valentine Group to develop a new, affordable housing community in Whitehouse, Ohio (Lucas County)!
Dubbed as Whitehouse Square Townhomes, the 55 unit development will offer a mix of one-, two-, three-, and four-bedroom homes! Each unit will feature fully equipped kitchens, energy efficient appliances and heating systems, washer and dryer connections, and central air.
Community features to Whitehouse Square Townhomes include:
For more information, "Like" Whitehouse Square Townhomes on Facebook!
Preferred Properties is proud to announce that our newest housing project, Bridge Point Senior Village, received the National Green Building Standard Certification!
To achieve this standard, a building must be of sustainable design that ensures every aspect of the building works as a whole to produce the best possible product, and achieve the best possible energy and cost savings..
Bridge Point Senior Village was built using non-formaldehyde lumber products, energy efficient lighting, energy efficient appliances, interior fixtures that minimize water consumption, water conserving design landscaping, and many other "green" attributes!
We are pleased to achieve this standard of living!