Website Updated 05/07/2018
PREFERRED PROPERTIES (P2) IS CURRENTLY SEEKING AN EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
For 26 years, Preferred Properties, Inc. has served the Toledo region as a not for profit housing development and property management agency, providing affordable and accessible housing to individuals with developmental disabilities and senior populations. Preferred Properties, Inc. is actively seeking an experienced, nonprofit and/or housing professional to serve as its Executive Director.
Position Summary: The position will provide the vision and leadership necessary to carry out the mission and strategic plan of the organization, focusing on the growth of the organization and increasing its role in the development, management and maintenance of accessible and affordable housing throughout the region. The Executive Director will be required to generate additional fiscal resources for housing development and operating activities as well as to establish and maintain strong relationships with federal, state and local partners.
General Qualifications: The ideal candidate will hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field (Planning, Urban Studies, Nonprofit Management, Business Administration etc.); Master’s Degree preferred. Additionally, the candidate must have a minimum of seven years of progressive executive or senior management level experience, preferably in the affordable housing industry; Have knowledge of and experience with federal, state, and local housing finance and housing development programs; Certifications from an industry recognized housing training organization or program in affordable housing development and/or property management are highly desirable.
- Plan and develop new housing options while maintaining existing housing developments for persons with disabilities, seniors and others in need.
- Create an annual program plan and budget for the organization.
- Manage the organization’s finances in accordance with Board policies, and applicable local, state or federal regulation to ensure sound fiscal policy and financial management.
- Initiate and complete required actions to implement programmatic and fiscal initiatives of the strategic plan.
- Responsible for maintaining and improving a professional and high performing housing development, property management and property maintenance program for the organization.
- Responsible for supervision and management of all staff.
- Serves as the official spokesperson for the organization with external stakeholders, government officials, and the media.
- Create and maintain effective relationships with Board of Directors, partner organizations and stakeholders.
- Work closely with the Board of Directors, Board Committees and Lucas County Board of Developmental Disabilities to ensure the success of the organization
- Performs other related duties as required.
Email cover letter, resume and three (3) professional references with the subject “Executive Director” to
firstname.lastname@example.org by May 21, 2018.
Preferred Properties Participates in The Ability Center's "Next Steps" Program
Meet Elijah, our summer intern, who came to us via The Ability Center’s “Next Steps” program. The Next Steps program is designed to prepare students with disabilities for college and post-secondary training. Students enter the program ready to increase their independence and foster leadership abilities. In partnership with the Toledo Rotary’s Disability Service Committee, students thrive in skilled job opportunities with local companies.
Elijah attended several events held by The Ability Center over the last several years. While attending an event, a staff member from The Ability Center approached him to see if he had an interest in the program.
What does Elijah loves the most about the Next Steps program? Living away from home! One critical component of the Next Steps program requires the participants to live in dorms on the University of Toledo’s campus. Elijah enjoys living in the dorms, as it gives him the feeling of independence. He is learning life skills such as: meal preparation and laundrHe hopes to take these skills and apply them to an independent and stable life.
Some other fun facts about Elijah:
- He served as a volunteer Medical Records Technician at St. Vincent’s Hospital
- His proudest accomplishment is "surviving" his first year of college
- Elijah is a Criminal Justice major and wants to become a Criminal Scene Investigator (CSI)
Of his time here at Preferred Properties, Elijah has enjoyed researching inspirational stories to post on our social media accounts. It has been a pleasure to meet and work with Elijah and his job coach, Hank, and to participate in our second summer with the Next Steps Program.
Preferred Properties is proud to announce their venture with the Miller Valentine Group to develop a new, affordable housing community in Whitehouse, Ohio (Lucas County)!
Dubbed as Whitehouse Square Townhomes, the 55 unit development will offer a mix of one-, two-, three-, and four-bedroom homes! Each unit will feature fully equipped kitchens, energy efficient appliances and heating systems, washer and dryer connections, and central air.
Community features to Whitehouse Square Townhomes include:
For more information, "Like" Whitehouse Square Townhomes on Facebook!
Preferred Properties is proud to announce that our newest housing project, Bridge Point Senior Village, received the National Green Building Standard Certification!
To achieve this standard, a building must be of sustainable design that ensures every aspect of the building works as a whole to produce the best possible product, and achieve the best possible energy and cost savings..
Bridge Point Senior Village was built using non-formaldehyde lumber products, energy efficient lighting, energy efficient appliances, interior fixtures that minimize water consumption, water conserving design landscaping, and many other "green" attributes!
We are pleased to achieve this standard of living!